The requirements of the banking and finance industry are complex and vast. At Al Suwaidi & Company, we bring together a team of lawyers with years of experience in the Finance industry. Our lawyers know and understand the specific requirements of this industry and work effectively, responding and adapting to changes within the Finance sector.
We act for leading regional and international financial institutions in a variety of transactions including:
- Corporate lending
- Project finance securitization, legal opinions, documentation
- Compliance with Islamic finance
- Compliance with central bank instructions (in granting credit with the law, particular regulation/ requirement for project financing)
- Debt restructuring
We represent Banking and Financial institutions in all levels of courts in the UAE in a variety of matters including complex litigation.
An impressive litigation practice” with “extensive experience” and “highly recommended by clients”.
- 2011 legal 500 client’s guide to the global legal profession
Our experience and level of expertise enables us to provide professional advice with sensitivity and understanding of the client’s business and other requirements. We serve clients from the UAE and around the region, and we cater to small, medium and large companies, as well as international organisations.
At Al Suwaidi & Company, we have a dedicated Corporate Structuring Practice that was created with the objective of advising clients on a variety of topics including:
- Set up Companies: Drafting memorandum of incorporation, shareholder agreements, registration of companies, preparing minutes of meeting for general assembly and board of directors and company documentation formalities.
- Organization of Companies: Advising clients on company formation as per their business objectives and facilitating paper work and procedures.
- Contracts: Drafting and reviewing legal contracts as well as advising clients on how to make their contracts legally robust and more risk-focused.
- Commercial Agreements: Assisting clients with their different commercial agreements: Agency, Distribution, Franchise or Licence and advising on regulations and duties of either party.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Advise during mergers and acquisitions on company obligations including debts, pending and potential lawsuits, leases, warranties, long-term customer agreements, employment contracts, distribution agreements and compensation arrangements.
- Joint Ventures: Professional advice on joint ventures and on related regulations and proceedings in UAE.
Al-Suwaidi & Company ‘executes all tasks requested at a fair price’. The ‘friendly, approachable and accessible’ Suneer Kumar is a visiting professor of UAE labour law at the University of Dubai.
- Legal 500 2014 Edition
We represent insurers and the insured at all level of courts in the UAE and offer advice on all types of insurance protection and claims to companies in a wide range of industries.
In addition to our litigation services, we provide advisory services to our insurance company clients in all aspects of their operations.
We work with a wide variety of national and international Oil and Gas firms on a variety of matters including:
- International energy transactions
- Joint ventures between regional and international firms
- Environmental issues
- Exploration and development agreements
- Transportation and storage agreements
- Downstream distribution
- Project finance and general corporate matters.
In addition we advise both government and multinational firms on regulatory and policy issues related to the energy sector.
Reda Hegazy is recognized by his clients in this region as a ”highly effective lawyer in achieving their desired outcomes who is honorable and genuinely collegial with others” and his legal advisory work is described as “responsive and thorough”.
- ACE Audit Control and Expertise Group